Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Work

I've been to a couple of interviews recently. I've been told that I have no real accounting experience for what I should be eligible for as an accountant. Basically, my job looks like an accounting position but really isn't. So, every day I spend at this job doesn't add anything to my resume. I'm okay with being patient with my job search.

However, the situation changed for me last week. When my puppy was put down late Sunday night, I called in the next morning. I got a call back and was told to come to work anyway.

Others have suffered far more grievously than I have, that's for sure. But, this really set me off. I don't have to be told I'm a good worker to feel respected. It helps, yeah, but things like this are a total anti-respect flag. What I'm trying to say is this: I didn't realize that respect was such a big issue with me until it was pushed into the mud and pissed on.

Anyone know any accounting roles open? I have a college degree and a great aptitude for learning new skills. Great with software!

No comments: